Diploma in Indian
Indian Head Massage is a wonderful holistic upper body treatment that can be relaxing or stimulating. With its roots in Indian traditions this massage is now a treatment that is enjoyed worldwide for its therapeutic benefits in spas, wellbeing centres, beauty salons and holistic centres.
Our Level 3 qualification will enable you to work as an Indian Head Massage therapist.
Indian Head Massage is a very versatile treatment that can be done with the client seated and works on the upper body, the shoulders, neck, face and head.
A treatment can bring benefits such as relaxation, stimulation and clearing of the mind, stress relief, a sense of wellbeing, improvement in mood and is beneficial for a range of health conditions. The areas massaged are typical stress areas due to our modern lifestyles. Massage techniques are used including effleurage, petrissage, frictions and tapotement.
This course is ideal for those seeking a change of career or wishing to add to their existing therapy skills portfolio.
|Next Course||New dates coming soon|
|Course Length||4 days’ tuition/assessment for Indian Head Massage
1 day Anatomy and Physiology (new learners/refresher)
1 day Assessment day
|Course Price||£399 plus VTCT exam registration fee|
|Private Tuition||All our course are available to book privately – please contact us for prices and availability|
- Full Indian Head Massage routine
- The history of Indian Head Massage
- Theories behind Indian Head Massages
- Client consultation, care and communication
- Theories behind reflexology
- Use of oils, creams and other mediums
- Client consultation Foot reading
- Promoting and selling of products and services
- Pathologies of the upper body
- Contraindications and contractions
- Treating and adapting for the individual
- Working through clothes and towel management
- Working within Health and Safely practices
- Marketing and business skills
- Energy of the body
- Referring to other practitioners
- No previous experience necessary
- This course is a VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage qualification
- Four day intensive course plus assessment and A&P
- VTCT Certification on completion of the course.
- Comprehensive course notes are provided
- Case studies to be completed to cover a range of clients, minimum of 40
- Tutor support throughout the course via email
- All learning equipment is provided
- Payment plan – If you would like to spread the costs for this course it can be spread into 2 payments of 50% when you register for the course and 50% on the first day of the course.
The qualification comprises of the following modules
UV30574 D/601/4095 Provide Indian head massage
UV30468 T/601/4457 Client care and communication in beauty related industries
UV30491 R/600/8780 Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
UV30435 J/601/5337 Promote and sell products and services
Amy has been an Indian Head Massage therapist since she started learning massage, it was one of the first courses she took sparking a passion for massage. She has developed her skills specialising in Pregnancy and her research for Indian Head Massage inspired her to develop her Natural Facelift Massage. Amy was one of the founders of AIHM (Association of Indian Head Massage) which was launched in 2015 to support Indian Head Massage therapists.