Thermal Auricular Therapy
Hopi Ear Candling
Since ancient times the candles have been used to cleanse and soothe the mind, body and soul. The candles were thought to have been used by Shaman healers and by Eastern cultures in healing rituals and ceremonies, to cleanse and harmonize energy fields and release negative energies as well as a physical therapy for problems relating to the ear, nose and throat. The peaceful Hopi tribes, Pueblo Indians from North America, have handed down the tradition throughout the generations and are thought to have brought the therapy to the West.
Candles have been used to treat irritations, otitis media/glue ear, headaches, migraines, allergies, hay-fever, sore throats, catarrh, sinusitis, rhinitis, vertigo, ear ache, ear noise/tinnitus and relaxation/stress relief.
The Thermal Auricular Therapy course is an intensive course that combines theory and practical learning and the course content includes:
- The history of candles and their uses
- Contra-indications and after care advice
- Anatomy of the ear
- A full routine with the candles in both ears
- Lymphatic drainage facial and head massage routine
- Marketing advice
|Course Length||1 day|
- Students must have prior learning in Massage, Indian Head Massage, Beauty therapy or Facials.
- All students must hold a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology
- This course is awarded 5 CPD points
- Post graduate course – advanced level
- One day intensive advanced course
- Certificated CPD course
- Accredited and insurable course by FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists,
- Investment cost £140 which includes all equipment, 2 sets of candles, products, manuals and learning materials
Amy’s hands on experience as a therapist with a regular client base has give her the experience in a vast range of conditions of the head that have attributed themselves well to Thermal Auricular Therapy. She combines the candles with her facial experience to make this a relaxing and thorough treatment.